Loved the demo!
When The River Runs Dry Early Release
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
*This is an early release of the first level of our game - more coming soon!*
CONTROLLER SUPPORT IS HERE! Play now on your favorite XBox or Playstation controller, and let us know if you run into any issues. We're more than willing to fix them and/or add support for more controllers :)
Luna has lived alone at the bottom of the mountain for as long as she can remember, spending her days collecting gems and returning to the river to replenish her water supply. But now, the river has slowed to a trickle, and a new deer has moved into the area.
There's not enough water to survive.
After a strange dream of mystical powers, Luna sets off on a quest to find out what (or who) is causing the river to run dry. Along the way she meets new animal friends and tries her best to survive the dangers of the wild.
When The River Runs Dry is a game that joins together the adventure, narrative, and survival genres. With 2D art set in a 3D environment, there is a whole world to explore with many different landscapes and tons of different characters to meet!
// Gameplay //
- Choose your own path by deciding which animals you want to befriend - each friendship will give you even more powers!
- Fight or try to outwit dangerous monsters in the wilderness
- Search for hidden treasure as you explore the world
- Solve interesting and creative environment puzzles, each with a different purpose
- Learn new magical skills to aid in combat, survival, and problem-solving
- Find new water sources for both yourself and the communities you decide to help
- Adventure through eight distinct worlds, each with its own scenery and theme based on the animals that live there
// Wishlist Full Game On Steam //
Feel free to donate! Any money you contribute goes towards development costs for our full game. :)
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Big Demo Update - controller support and other improvements!Jan 20, 2022
- Bug Fix - input control updateDec 14, 2021